Brunswick Auto Injury Treatment
Throughout the years, we've treated many patients with auto injury pain in our Brunswick office. Chiropractic adjustments are the optimal approach to these types of injuries, and some research shows that over 90% of patients show improvement after a whiplash injury when getting chiropractic adjustments.
A crash subjects your entire body to high-speed, intense motion that it wasn't intended to deal with. Because of the dramatic forces you're exposed to, the ligaments, tendons, nerves, and muscles of the body can be stretched, sprained, or torn during a collision. This can lead to long-lasting pain and disability if not treated promptly.
From our experience and success treating auto injury cases, we've seen these common signs and symptoms in our patients:
- Headaches - Almost every car accident patient in our clinic reports headache, and this can have a wide array of origins, depending on the type of injury you had.
- Low back pain - Yet another prevalent problem in men and women and especially after a car crash.
- Neck problems - Your cervical spine is one of the most sensitive parts of the body in a car wreck, and it can easily be injured. In point of fact, most symptoms that arise after a wreck can be specifically linked to injuries of the neck.
- Shoulder pain - Your shoulder can be damaged by the seatbelt, the forces on your arm during a collision, or can be a secondary symptom caused by neck injury.
- Jaw pain - Jaw symptoms (or TMJ pain) are another common problem we see in our Brunswick patients, and can be difficult to diagnose. Sometimes TMJ problems doesn't manifest for weeks or months after your injury.
- Radiating pain - Radiating pain can be identified by numbness or prickling in your arms, hands, or legs, and many auto injury patients experience this problem.
- Vertigo/Dizziness - This is a complex symptom that can also have a range of origins. In most patients, we find that neck trauma is the primary cause of this symptom.
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome - This is still another symptom caused by trauma to your neck during a collision.
If you're dealing with any of these signs or symptoms after an injury, give our office a call. It's important for you to know that you don't have to suffer! Chiropractic is a safe, successful, and non-invasive approach that works for these types of accidents.
If you've been injured fairly recently, it's important that you seek care right away. Untreated injuries can give rise to reduced movement and the formation of scar tissue, and that can lead to chronic pain and disability. Scientific studies show that early, gentle mobilization of the wounded area can speed recovery and prevent future problems.
Our clinic is conveniently located in Brunswick, and we would love to help you get back on the road to recovery. Give our office a call now at (912) 262-9735 for an appointment.